Tag Archive for property

Avoiding Capital Controls: Real Estate Revenues From Foreign Buyers Deposited in Banks Abroad

056_MG_4466The majority of revenues of Greek luxury real estate transactions acquired by foreign nationals remain in banks outside of Greece, sources have reported.

In fact, many of the Greek sellers are even prepared to travel abroad in order to close contracts and open foreign bank accounts where they then deposit their profits. A major motivation for sellers opening bank accounts when dealing with the luxury real estate market and foreign buyers is to avoid capital controls imposed on Greek banks.

Unfortunately that means that the money spent on luxury Greek properties by foreigners never enters the Greek credit system and only some of it enters the Greek economy, but is impossible to track back to its original origin.

After the imposition of the capital controls [at end-June 2015], the cases of sellers requesting that money be deposited abroad have multiplied. Of course such transactions are entirely legitimate and taxed in Greece, but the revenues remain in other countries.

www.gktizein.gr

Statistical bureau: Property title transactions in Greece down nearly 9% annually between 2004-14

020_MG_3741Transactions registered at Greece’s deed/title offices show a decrease, on average, of 8.6 percent a year from 2004 to 2014, a period that witnessed the real estate bubble burst in the country.

According to data released by the national statistical bureau, EL.STAT, the decrease reached just over 20 percent in the 2013-14 period.

Based on figures supplied by 380 such deed offices around the country – which correspond to 96 percent of the total – 384,546 actions dealing with property were recorded, resulting in 57 million euros in proceeds – 47.2 percent of which were diverted to state coffers and the remaining 52.8 percent collected by the deed offices themselves.

The average sum collected from a single property transaction – which ranges from an outright sale to a transfer, imposing a lien to even adding a co-owner on the deed – reached 149 euros.

Greek Home Market Among Cheapest in EU

06_MG_3041Statista, the online statistics portal for market data, reports that a home buyer in Greece can buy the fifth largest home for 200,000 euros in the eurozone.

Specifically, the amount can buy a newly-constructed 120 sq. meter flat that covers the needs of an average family.

The home bubble has burst, meaning that a new flat in the Attica region where Athens is located can be purchased for 1,650 euros per sq. meter as opposed to 2,500 euros per sq. meter prior to the economic crisis. Back in those days it was hard to find an apartment of more than 80 sq. meters for 200,000 euros.

Villa in Porto Cheli

039_MG_3929  No words to describe this luxury villa next to Porto  Cheli, Greece. Next to the beach, view to the wonderful and glamorous island of Spetses, designed by the famous Greek Architect Porfirios, take this tour and pleasure…

 

 

Apartment in Aggistri Island

4

It is an island. Close to the port of Peiraias. It takes 35min to go there with Flying Dolphins ships. This is a real escape from Athens, the noisy capital. Daily transports  from and to Peiraias port. Quite, excellent view to the port. It is 100m2 with 2 bedrooms. You are going to love the sunset from the balcony…

 

https://flic.kr/s/aHskK6fCSE

click the link for the photo album

53

50

U.S. Real Estate to Draw More Foreigners in 2016, Survey Says

 

-1x-1

Most foreign investors expect to put more money into U.S. property this year than they did in 2015, with New York remaining the top target market worldwide, according to a survey by the Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate.

Sixty-four percent of respondents said they intend to make modest or major increases to investments in U.S. real estate this year, while 31 percent expect

Visit Greece

…our country, our beauty! Love you Greece…!!!

Purchase a Property in Greece for 5yrs Visa

IMG_3672

Από την ημερίδα ενημέρωσης για τις άδειες παραμονής αλλοδαπών στην Ελλάδα που πραγματοποιήθηκε στο ΕΒΕΑ στις 23 Σεπ. 2013

 

In case that anyone will purchase a property in Greece in a budget more than 250.000,00Euros, greek government will privilege the permittion to be a EU citizen for at least 5 years and further for as many years is anyone the owner of the property.

Follow the link below for more details:

http://www.investingreece.gov.gr/default.asp?pid=54&la=1
http://www.investingreece.gov.gr/default.asp?pid=54&la=2

Hermioni, a Greek village…

We adore that place…

…edited by Ares Kalogeropoulos

Time for swim now…

Greece, Porto Cheli, 03 Nov 2013

Greece, Porto Cheli, 03 Nov 2013

What can anyone say about the weather in Greece. It is a unique phainomenon. This period is the only place in Europe that anyone can go for swimming, yachting, sunbathing and of course taste extraordinary greek fish.